Friday, October 21, 2016

Horror movies I've seen, and some I haven't

TCM's been running a bunch of horror on Friday nights. I haven't been watching much, mostly because my DVR is full up and I've been trying to get through the backlog of movies on it. Fat chance of that; every time I watch one thing there are three others I want to record.

Tonight kicks off at 8:00 PM with the 1941 Spencer Tracy version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which I think I've seen in its entirety, although I'd probably be conflating it with the earlier Fredric March version if I tried to do a full-length post on either movie.

At 10:00 PM, there's one I've definitely seen since I've done a full-length post on it: Eyes Without a Face. If you haven't seen this one before, I can highly recommend it, as a good movie.

A movie I can recommend because it's so bad it a heck of a lot of fun is The Brain that Wouldn't Die, early tomorrow morning at 5:15 AM. Doctor studying limb transplants gets in a car crash that kills his fiancée, and spends the rest of the movie trying to find a body to go with his fiancée's disembodied head. She, needless to say, is none too pleased.

That's followed at 6:45 AM by The Killer Shrews, which surprisingly I haven't done a full-length post on, although I've mentioned it a couple of times. Scientific experiments gone awry have led to an island where giant shrews have lethal bites; people try to get off the island. Awful but another hoot.

Amazingly, I don't think I've seen any of the movies in between. There's Boris Karloff in The Body Snatcher at 11:45 PM, which I know shows up on the schedule all the time, especially every October, yet I still haven't gotten around to seeing it.

William Castle's Macabre comes up at 2:45 AM. I've seen several of Castle's movies, but I don't think this one is among them.

No comments: