Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Trailblazing women return to TCM

Last October's TCM Spotlight was on Trailblazing Women, specifically looking at women directors. It was supposed to be the first part of a two-part series, with the second part coming in October of this year. Well, we're in October now, and so the Trailblazing Women spotlight returns.

It'll start before prime time, with a Mary Pickford documentary at 6:00 PM. The film I'm looking forward to tonight is Mothers of Men at 10:00 PM. It's apparently a restoration of a 1921 release of the 1917 movie, since the original 1917 prints are all believed lost. This is one I haven't seen before, so I can't comment on it other than the brief reading up on it I did at IMDb and elsewhere.

From what I gather from the web-site, Ileana Douglas is hosting the whole thing, and tonight's co-host is Cari Beauchamp, who appeared last year, I believe in the early directors nights.

No comments: