Monday, February 5, 2018

Bafflement

So I watched The World's Greatest Sinner recently after recording it several months back on TCM Underground. It's apparently available on DVD-R from Amazon, but not from the TCM Shop. (I'd guess it has to do with not being distributed by a large distributor, but am not certain.)

I don't know that I can do a real review on this one. Timothy Carey plays Clarence Hilliard, who at the start of the movie gets fired from his job as an insurance salesman. So he decides to start his own branch of Christianity, call himself God, and run for the White House. Or something like that.

The movie has an incoherent plot, horrendous acting, scenes that make no sense put together or even by themselves, and an ending that made no sense. I wouldn't even put it in the "so bad it's good" category, but it's just horrendous. And yet there are people who praise it as a cult classic.

The DVD-R is even more expensive than the Warner Archive movies, too.

No comments: